Call of the Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicine Cat/Apprentice Ceremony

Go down

Medicine Cat/Apprentice Ceremony Empty Medicine Cat/Apprentice Ceremony

Post  Blizzardstar Sat May 12, 2012 5:39 am

Medicine Cat

Medicine Cat: "I, [insert medicine cat's name here], medicine cat of [insert Clan name here], call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. [He/She] has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help [he/she] will serve [his/her] Clan for many moons." -pauses- " [insert medicine cat apprentice's name here], do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

Medicine Cat Apprentice: "I do."

Medicine Cat: "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. [insert medicine cat apprentice's name here], from this moment you will be known as [insert medicine cat apprentice's new name here]. StarClan honors your [insert two qualities here]."

The Medicine Cat will then lean down to touch their nose between the apprentice's ears, the apprentice will respond with a respectful lick to the shoulder and after Medicine Cat removes nose, they collect their congratulations from the Clan and leave to prepare for their solo journey to the SilentPools.

Medicine Cat Apprentice

Medicine Cat: "Cats of [insert Clan name here], it is time for me to take on an apprentice. Your next medicine cat will be [insert new medicine cat apprentice here]."

Leader: "[insert medicine cat apprentice here], do you accept the post of apprentice to [insert name of medicine cat here]?"

Medicine Cat Apprentice: "I do."

Leader: "Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the SilentPools to be accepted by StarClan before the other medicine cats. The good wishes of all [insert Clan name here] will go with you."

The Leader will then lean down to touch their nose between the kit's ears, the kit will respond with a respectful lick to the shoulder and after Leader removes nose, goes to stand by their new mentor's side. The Medicine Cat and the Medicine Cat Apprentice usually leave to prepare for their journey to the SilentPools.
Blizzardstar
Blizzardstar
Admin

https://wegotwarriorspirit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum